Northern light photo tour - autumn
With the starry sky above us, lady Aurora takes her first steps in the north. We are there at the moment when the magical dance begins, ready to capture the scenery.
In the magical arctic night
In the forest it is dark, millions of stars in the sky and we stand there waiting for the Northern lights to appear. The cameras are prepared and we have learned how to use the equipment to get good photos of the upcoming show.
Every night we make a new decision where to go. All to make it possible to find the Northern lights even if it is cloudy in town.
Equipped with camera, headlamp and tripod, we learn about the Arctic nature and how to handle the camera in order to bring memories back home from the tour.
Price: SEK 1,690/person. Children 10-15 years SEK 1,290/person. Private tours available.
The price includes: Pick-up from Icehotel, new Kiruna C or Camp Ripan, photo guide, covering clothes and shoes, headlamp and a camera plus tripod.
Participants: Minimum 2 adults.
Departures Sept 1 – March 30: Daily at 19.30–approx. 23.30. Departure ICEHOTEL 19.00.
Departures March 31 – April 15: Daily at 20.30–approx. 00.30. Departure ICEHOTEL 20.00.
How to prepare:
- Clothes adapted to the season, gloves and a warm hat. The nights are cold and we are standing outside for 1-3 hours.
- SD memory card is not included but can be purchased.
- Children share camera with adult.
- Allergy, please let us know at booking. It is good to know that reindeer skins and dogs are common in the cars and on locations.
- Northern lights: We do our best to find clear skies, but can never guarantee that we will experience the northern lights.
- Camera equipment: You are responsible for keeping borrowed equipment safe, you will pay a repair fee for a damaged or lost camera, camera plate, headlamp, lens or lenscap.
- SD memory cards: We are not responsible for data on the SD memory cards used in our cameras.